Sunday 4 January 2015

The Temple of mild annoyance

And here is the finished temple in all it's glory. I have to admit, I didn't expect to get it finished quite so quickly.


I had a nightmare of a time with the vertical struts. There are four pieces, one for each side, each of which consists of four vertical struts, attached to a horizontal piece which holds the central shrine building off the ground. You have to slide the four struts through four holes in the decking.

I made the foolish mistake of painting the struts before pushing them through the holes. When I pushed them through, I scraped half the paint off, one strut snapped clean in half and another half snapped and ended up at an angle. I was able to fix them so the casual observer won't notice, but I will never be able to look at anything else.

The end result is two nice pieces that add a bit of variety to my Bushido scenery collection, but which were more difficult to assemble than the 4Ground buildings and, thanks to the limits of my painting skills, don't look quite as good.

But, if you want a nice Japanese-style shrine, I don't think you can find a better one for the price.

2 comments:

  1. It looks good to me. So your theory that others will be fine with it seems to be validated. Every little piece adds to the table and these should look great.

    ReplyDelete