Monday 17 April 2017

A quick Recommendation

Not much of an update today. Work is proceeding on my last two Ghar units, but I haven't gotten far enough to share any pictures.

Instead, I thought I'd share something from another blog that I have enjoyed. The Realms of Chaos 80's blog recently featured a blog post in which the author pledged to share more of other people's work and I thought I would take a leaf from the same book. Generally, I haven't bothered to share other blogs, because I haven't thought this blog was visited enough for it to have any effect. But, I'm happy for every view I get, and if I can pass on even one reader it's worth it.

Anyway, these two posts are game reports for the Pikeman's Lament rules. These are a Pike and Shot variant of the Medieval and Fantasy, Lion Rampant and Dragon Rampant rules. I have the rule book but haven't played them yet.

These two posts cover a half sized test game and a full sized game and featured Scot's Covenanters, Highlanders and Royalists during the English Civil War.

Tim, the author, clearly shares my taste for blow by blow accounts, with a bit of narrative and plenty of pictures. He also has a very nicely painted collection of models.

If you're at all interested in English Civil War gaming or the Pikeman's Lament rules, they are well worth a read.

http://saskminigamer.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/pikemans-lament-pork-on-trotters.html

http://saskminigamer.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/pikemans-lament-river-crossing.html

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for these links, ECW is my favourite historical period for wargaming and as of yet, I haven't painted a single figure for it! I always put it down as my 'retirement' project. These articles will ease the pain caused by a lack of pike and shotte in my life until that happy day comes!

    ReplyDelete